If you are wanting to get the most from your Mac then there are hundreds of Mac shortcuts that make your everyday work and life that much easier! Certain key combinations allow you to quickly perform actions that would otherwise take much longer using the mouse.
Please note: if using a keyboard made for Windows PCs, use the Alt key instead of the Option and the Windows logo key instead of Command.
- Command ⌘ – X: Cut the selected item
- Command ⌘ – C: Copy the selected item
- Command ⌘ – V: Paste the most recently copied or cut item
- Command ⌘ – Z: Undo the most recent command
- Shift ⇧ – Command ⌘ – Z: Reverse the undo command
- Command ⌘ – A: Select all
- Command ⌘ – F: Find items
- Command ⌘ – H: Hide the windows at the front of view.
- Command ⌘ – P: Print the current document
- Command ⌘ – S: Save the current document
- Command – T: Open a new tab
- Option ⌥ – Command ⌘ – Esc: Force quit an app
- Command ⌘ – Spacebar: Spotlight search
- Command ⌘ – Tab: Switch to the most recently used open app
- Shift ⇧ – Command ⌘ – N: Create a new folder in the Finder
Power & Display Shortcuts
- Power Button: Press to turn on Mac, press and hold for 1.5 seconds to put the mac to sleep. Hold it down for longer to force turn off the Mac
- Option ⌥ – Command ⌘ – Power Button: Put your Mac to sleep
- Control ^ – Command ⌘ – Power Button: Force your Mac to restart
- Control ^ – Command ⌘ – Q: Lock your screen
Volume and Brightness
- F1: Decrease Brightness
- F2: Increase Brightness
- F10/F11/F12: Adjust sound volume
For a full list of shortcuts view here – https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201236
If you are looking to get your device repaired by an Apple Authorised Service Provider, you can do so by:
Disclaimer: Any actions taken as a result of this article are at the individuals discretion. Whilst all the information is checked to be accurate, Amsys will not compensate for any damage or inconvenience. If you do not feel comfortable performing any of the actions noted above please either book a repair or contact Apple support.