6th Mar, 2020: The screen on a limited number of iPad Air (3rd generation) devices manufactured between March 2019 and October 2019 may go blank permanently under certain circumstances. The issue may be preceded by a brief flicker or flash. Eligible devices may be serviced free of charge.
Is my iPad affected?
Devices in question may exhibit one or more of the following behaviours:
- The display may flicker or flash before going blank
- The blank screen is persistent
Affected devices were manufactured between March 2019 and October 2019. No other iPad models are part of this program.
Book an Appointment
Appointments are for eligible iPad servicing at our centre; 44 Poland Street, London, W1. You don’t need an appointment, but they are free and avoid you having to queue. Book an appointment. We also offer a mail in repairs service nationwide.
If you have questions or need further assistance, please contact Amsys Support or chat with us using the widget in the bottom right of the screen.
- Your iPhone 6 Plus will be examined prior to any service to verify that it is eligible for this program
- The service turn-around time may vary depending upon the type of service and availability of replacement parts
- Apple may restrict or limit repair to the original country or region of purchase. For iPad Air devices purchased in EEA member countries, service is available in other EEA member countries.
- This worldwide Apple program doesn’t extend the standard warranty coverage of the iPad Air (3rd generation). Your consumer law rights are unaffected by this program.
- The program covers affected iPad Air (3rd generation) devices for 2 years after the first retail sale of the unit.