9th Nov, 2018: Apple has determined that in a small number of 128GB and 256GB solid-state drives (SSD) have an issue that may result in data loss and failure of the drive. Affected drives were sold between June 2017 and June 2018 in some 13-inch MacBook Pro units.
Is my MacBook affected?
Use Apple’s eligibility checker to see if your device falls under this program.
Book an Appointment
Appointments are for eligible servicing at our centre; 44 Poland Street, London, W1. You don’t need an appointment, but they are free and avoid you having to queue. Book an appointment. We also offer a mail in repairs service nationwide.
If you have questions or need further assistance, please contact Amsys Support or chat with us using the widget in the bottom right of the screen.
- Your MacBook or MacBook Pro will be examined prior to any service to verify that it is eligible for this program
- The service turn-around time may vary depending upon the type of service and availability of replacement parts
- To prepare your unit for service, please back up your data
- This worldwide Apple program doesn’t extend the standard warranty coverage of the 13-inch MacBook Pro.
- If you believe your 13-inch MacBook Pro was affected by this issue, and you paid for service, you can contact Apple about a refund.
- The program covers affected MacBook Pro models for 3 years after the first retail sale of the unit.