21st May, 2019: A small percentage of 13 inch MacBook Pros sold between October 2016 and February 2018 may experience issues with the display backlight. Affected units can be serviced free of charge.
Is my MacBook affected?
Devices in question may exhibit one or more of the following behaviours:
- Display backlight continuously or intermittently shows vertical bright areas along the entire bottom of the screen
- Display backlight stops working completely
To identify your computer’s model and to see if it is eligible for this program, choose the Apple menu > About This Mac. Eligible models are listed below.
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
Book an Appointment
Appointments are for eligible MacBook servicing at our centre; 44 Poland Street, London, W1. You don’t need an appointment, but they are free and avoid you having to queue. Book an appointment. We also offer a mail in repairs service nationwide.
If you have questions or need further assistance, please contact Amsys Support or chat with us using the widget in the bottom right of the screen.
- Your device will be examined prior to any service to verify that it is eligible for this program
- The service turn-around time may vary depending upon the type of service and availability of replacement parts
- If your MacBook Pro has any damage which impairs the service, that issue will need to be repaired first. In some cases, there may be a cost associated with the repair.
- To prepare your unit for service, please back up your data
- This worldwide Apple program does not extend the standard warranty coverage of your MacBook Pro.
- If you believe your MacBook Pro was affected by this issue, and you paid to have your display repaired, you can contact Apple about a refund.
- The program covers eligible MacBook Pro models for 4 years after the first retail sale of the unit.