Due to popular demand we have scheduled an extra date for this 1 day seminar on OS X El Capitan Deployment.
Are you thinking about purchasing a Mac suite or have a collection of Macs that you need to customise and standardise their setup?
Do you know what’s involved and how to ensure you can keep your Mac estate up to date?
If not, then attend our 1 day OS X El Capitan Deployment Seminar on 16th June 2015 in London.
During this 1 day seminar, which is running in June, our Apple Certified Master Trainer will demonstrate and explain the various considerations involved in Mac Deployment and provide hands-on scenarios for you to see different solutions in action. You will discover how to expertly deploy OS X systems and learn how to use a range of Apple and Third Party deployment tools.
What the OS X El Capitan Deployment Seminar will teach you
- How to plan and develop a comprehensive and stable Mac Deployment strategy.
- Understand how the OS X El Capitan file system functions and how it handles installations.
- Understand OS X installer Packages. Creating, customising and deploying installer packages.
- How the Mac App Store works. Ownership of Apps, downloading Apps, Volume License Agreement (VLA) and Volume Purchase Program (VPP).
- How to make use of Apple’s Device Enrollment Program (DEP) solution.
- Managed Distribution of Apps and leveraging an MDM (Mobile Device Management) solution.
- How to use a range of Apple tools, including NetBoot & NetInstall Service, Remote Desktop, Software Update Server, Caching Service, Profile Manager, and much more.
- DeployStudio Deployment package, which offers some great features to optimise Mac Deployment.
- Third Party imaging and deployment tools including, Packages, AutoPkg and Munki.
- Techniques to automate post deployment settings and configuration including OS X Command Line configuration and file system manipulation.
Plus much more.
Who Should Attend?
If you’re a Mac Admin, an existing Mac Support tech and want to upgrade your skill set, or need to know how to streamline the process of installing and configuring a large number of devices running OS X then book this 1 day seminar this May.
You should have a background in IT support and a basic understanding in OS X to attend this seminar.
During this 1 day deployment seminar we will cover the following topics:
- Deployment Planning: The day starts with an overview of what planning is required to develop a strategy for a successful deployment.
- Deploying Individual Apps: Deployment can often involve just single App deployment. This chapter looks into various ways to download, purchase and deploy OS X Applications.
- Installation Packages: How Apple’s installer technology works for software distribution, including how to create custom installation packages using GUI tools and the command line. The open-source project Munki is also overviewed here.
- Creating Entire System Images: Learn how to create full system images for a complete deployment of OS X El Capitan.
- Deploying System Images: Managing and deploying Network System Images.
- Post Imaging Deployment Considerations and System Maintenance: In this chapter we will discuss the various techniques available to apply post installation configuration such as enrolling in an MDM solution for management and configuration. Learn how to keep your OS X clients updated via the Apple Software Update sever or the Caching Service. Additionally, a range of features available through Apple Remote Desktop are discussed.
- Deploying Macs with DeployStudio: Finally, we will take a look at the DeployStudio deployment package for additional Deployment features. DeployStudio has become the main third-party network deployment tool for OS X. Learn how to configure pre and post imaging scripts to perform common tasks such as naming computers, binding to Active Directory and configuring other computer specific settings.
Price: This seminar is just £195 + VAT (RRP: £260)
Date: 16th June 2015