Hello, Mac World!
I thought it was about time that I let everyone know about a new venture we have recently started in bringing 1-day seminars to the Mac community.
This week, I delivered our second successful OS X Yosemite Deployment Seminar, a day dedicated to discussing and solving Deployment solutions for OS X Yosemite.
The Amsys OS X Yosemite Deployment Seminar is all about creating awareness of current Deployment solutions and discussing real-world Deployment scenarios.
Attendees share their experiences and get involved in leader-led problem solving along with hands-on labs trying out different deployment scenarios and solutions.
Throughout the day, we look into Apple’s solutions along with lots of third party tools in either demos, discussion points and exercises. These sessions provide valuable real-world context, looking at the tools that complement OS X’s built-in installation and deployment software.
During the 1-day deployment seminar, we discuss the following topics:
- Deployment Planning: The day starts with an overview of what planning is required to develop a strategy for a successful deployment.
- Deploying Individual Apps: Deployment can often involve just single App deployment. This chapter looks into various ways to download, purchase and deploy OS X Applications.
- Installation Packages: How Apple’s installer technology works for software distribution, including how to create custom installation packages using GUI tools and the command line. The open-source project Munki is also overviewed here.
- Creating Entire System Images: Learn how to create full system images for a complete deployment of OS X Yosemite.
- Deploying System Images: Managing and deploying Network System Images.
- Post Imaging Deployment Considerations and System Maintenance: In this chapter we will discuss the various techniques available to apply post-installation configuration such as enrolling in an MDM solution for management and configuration. Learn how to keep your OS X clients updated via the Apple Software Update sever or the Caching Service. Additionally, a range of features available through Apple Remote Desktop are discussed.
- Deploying Macs with DeployStudio: Finally, we take a look at the DeployStudio deployment package for additional Deployment features. DeployStudio has become the main third-party network deployment tool for OS X. Learn how to configure pre and post imaging scripts to perform common tasks such as naming computers, binding to Active Directory and configuring other computer-specific settings.
It’s a great day for Mac Admins or any tech needing to know how to streamline the process of installing and configuring a large number of devices running OS X. From developing a comprehensive and stable Mac Deployment strategy, through understanding installer packages, looking into how the Mac App Store works, ownership and downloading Apps, discovering management with an MDM (Mobile Device Management) solution, you learn all about item deployment.
We then turn to System Deployment and discover how to use a range of Apple tools along with the leading third party tools that aid OS X deployment. Post deployment is also covered with techniques to automate settings and configuration including OS X Command Line configuration and file system manipulation.
If you are interested in attending a future Deployment Seminar please fill in the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oops! We could not locate your form.