In the post in this series, I want to show you the of tools required for Qualified Technicians to Repair Apple’s MacBook Pro range.
Most of these tools are available from hardware/DIY Stores, however there are a small range of Apple Specific Tools that will need to be purchased directly from Apple.
• Nylon Probe Tool/Black Stick
• Jewelers #0 Phillips Screwdriver, Magnetized
• Jewelers #1 Phillips Screwdriver, Magnetized
• Torx T6, Magnetized
• Torx T8, Magnetized
• Kapton tape
• Needlenose Pliers
• 4 mm socket wrench
• Jewelers #00 Phillips Screwdriver, Magnetized
• Jewelers #000 Phillips Screwdriver, Magnetized
• Torx Plus® Tamper 6 Screwdriver
• Tri-lobe #0 Screwdriver, Magnetized
• Foam Wedge Display Fixture
You may find the need for some additional tools, which are optional, but above is the minimum required to do the full range of repairs.
NOTE – The Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT) course that we run here at Amsys will not only train you to repair Apple Macintosh Products, but will also discuss in depth these tools and which products require which tools. (It is very important that you have adequate knowledge of ESD safety and the ESD equipment required, which is also described in detail in the ACMT course).
Click here for full details of the ACMT course and schedule
By Russell Harris