For those who purchased Apple Remote Desktop the old fashioned way , on CD, may find that the installer will not let you install the software on a Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) computer. It reports that Mac OS X 10.6 is required.
Here is a quick solution:
- 1. Copy the Apple Remote Desktop Installer from the Installation disc to the desktop.
- 2. Hold the Control key and click on the Installer icon.
- 3. In the contextual menu that appears, choose Show Package Contents.
- 4. In the package contents, navigate to Contents/Installers.
- 5. Control-click on RemoteDesktopAdmin.pkg and choose Show Package Contents.
- 6. In the package contents, double-click the Archive.pax.gz file to expand it.
- 7. In the expanded archive, navigate to Archive/Applications/ and drag Remote Desktop to your Applications folder.
- 8. Immediately run Software Update to update Remote Desktop to the latest version.