Next month (May 2016) Apple officially releases a certification for technicians servicing iPhones and iPads.
The Apple Certified iOS Technician (ACiT) qualifies a technician to conduct service and repair for all iOS models and Apple Watch.
To achieve ACiT 2016 certification, engineers need to pass two exams; Apple Service Fundamentals SVC-16A and ACiT 2016 iOS Service Certification Exam iOS-16A.
The Service Fundamentals Exam can also be taken as part of the Apple Certified Macintosh Technician leading to ACMT 2016 certification.
The new certification replaces the previous Apple iOS Qualification. Accordingly, those who have previously passed the Apple iOS Qualification need to complete the ACiT certification before 3rd November 2016 to continue servicing iOS devices.
The Amsys ACiT Training Course
As the UK and Ireland’s only Apple Authorised Service Training Centre, Amsys offers the best and fastest route to achieving the certification with the first course commencing on 16th May 2016.
The course has been developed by Amsys to provide the requisite knowledge, experience and skills to achieve certification within just one working week and all exams are taken on-site as an integral part of the course.
Amsys’s ACiT course blends leader-led theory sessions and hand-on practical sessions including live take-apart labs on Apple’s range of iOS devices. The course leads directly to the certification, which is awarded immediately on successful completion of the Apple certification exams.
A look at the ACiT Course
Apple Service Fundamentals
- Managing Customer Interactions (includes Customer Experience Skills)
- Documenting Customer Interactions
- Basic Troubleshooting
- Determining Service Levels
- Technician Safety (includes the Safety First and Embedded Battery Safety
- ESD precautions
- Apple Service Fundamentals Certification Exam.
Servicing iOS Devices
- iOS Devices Overview – You will get a look at iPhone, iPad, Watch & TV functionality as well as specific features such as the Secure Element and Touch ID
- iOS Features Overview – You will learn the process for configuring and securing iOS devices. Also we will look into software features such as Mail, Messages and Wallet
- iOS Services Overview – Covers Apple ID and iCloud setup and integration plus features like iCloud Drive and Family Sharing
- iOS Care – Correct methods for using and maintaining iOS devices
- OS Diagnosis – Apple’s procedures for Evaluating and Isolating specific device issues
- Servicing iPhones – How to correctly service the iPhone range from the 5C and 5S through to the latest 6S and 6S Plus
- Apple Certified iOS Technician (ACiT) 2016 Service Certification Exam.
Why get Apple certified?
The benefits of attaining Apple Certification are:
- Recognition for your technical expertise
- Differentiate yourself and your business
- Build credibility with clients and employers
- Increase visibility and enhance your reputation in a competitive marketplace
- Certifications listed on the Apple Certified Professionals Registry
- Personalized certificate
- Apple certification logo
- Display your personalised certificate and a logo that distinguishes you as an Apple Certified professional
Why get iOS certified?
The benefits of acquiring the new ACiT Certification are :
- Intended and perhaps mandatory for Technicians employed by an Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) or Self Servicing Account (SSA)
- Will demonstrate knowledge of technician-level service and support skills on iOS devices
- Verifies the ability to perform basic troubleshooting and repair of iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Watch & TV
- Attaining ACiT certification verifies skills and knowledge that may be sought by a prospective employer, such as an Apple Reseller or a self-servicing entity
Please note: Successfully completing the exams doesn’t mean that Apple has authorised you to perform repairs or to conduct business directly with Apple or on Apple’s behalf.
Apple certifies (verifies the skills of) technicians via Apple Certifications. Apple authorises (establishes business relationships with) service providers. These two things aren’t the same. Information on becoming authorised for servicing Apple products can be found at: apple.com/support/programs/
If you have any questions please contact our training team firstname.lastname@example.org, 020 8645 5806,
For full Course info and to book a place now, visit our website : http://www.amsys.co.uk/amsys-training-courses/coursebooker/acit