The new Amsys “Supporting OS X El Capitan” Seminar is all about creating awareness of considerations relating to Apple’s latest release of OS X. And the discussion of real-world troubleshooting scenarios faced by Apple techs when a new OS X is released.
Last week I ran the first batch of 1/2 day seminars at our London training centre in Soho.
Attendees shared their experiences about upgrading to a new OS X system within their businesses and were able to get involved in leader-led discussions along with hands-on looking at the new Operating system and its new features.
Throughout the day, we looked into the new features released in the latest version of OS X El Capitan and what new issues and concerns these would generate to the Mac Support community.
We discussed Apple’s solutions along with lots of third party tools that could be used to deploy updates, image machines and manage OS X and its components.
During the 1/2 day Supporting El Capitan Seminar, we discuss the following topics:
- OS X 10.11 New Features: The seminar begins with an overview of the new features released in OS X El Capitan. (Not just the official updates posted by Apple, but also some under the hood updates that could change how OS X is supported).
- Preparing to Upgrade: This chapter overviews upgrading devices to OS X El Capitan. The chapter refers to devices already configured with user accounts and data and discusses the considerations and best practices around upgrading an existing system.
- Overview on Deploying 10.11: This chapter overviews deploying devices with OS X El Capitan. The chapter refers to devices that are brand new or need to have the OS clean installed. We cover managing and deploying Network System Images as well as local imaging solutions.
- Overview on Managing 10.11: In this chapter we overview managing devices using OS X El Capitan. This chapter refers to how to configure, manage and restrict devices that are either new or have been wiped, or devices that have already been configured with user accounts and data. There are new MDM features available which are major improvements in supporting OS X devices in business and education.
- The Challenges & Considerations: This final chapter overviews some of the concerns faced by system administrators in supporting OS X El Capitan.
There is extra time at the end of the seminar for a Q&A with the Trainer. As well as time to have a look at OS X El Capitan and OS X Server for El Capitan and to try out scenarios and solutions in a test lab environment.
If you are interested in attending a future Supporting OS X El Capitan seminar to discover new feature, support and troubleshooting tips then please book online or email firstname.lastname@example.org for dates and further details.