As I sit here, at a hotel in the Cotswolds (another ‘stay away’ consultancy project), drinking a locally brewed Ale (Stroud Brewery’s Budding Pale Ale, should you ask) I find myself contemplating spending almost ten years of my life at Amsys. Come the 4th July 2015, I’ll hit that milestone.
In case you’ve not guessed, this is another slightly different blog to my usual.
I still find it amazing that I found a junior Apple Hardware Engineer posting in the local paper, and through sheer laziness (OK and possibly some ability), I’m still here now at the same place (and based in the same location) ten years later, using my hard learnt knowledge to provide services to assist our customers, both large and small.
During this journey, I’ve had the opportunity to travel the UK and Europe, and meet plenty of friendly and interesting fellow geeks / users, as well as been provided with additional training and experiences I honestly think I’d struggle to find elsewhere.
Stand out memories include:
- Attending many Christmas parties, as organised by the excellent Cheryl.
- Working with my partner in crime, Mark, on managing the workshops.
- Finally obtaining my ACSA (10.6) with the help of our training team.
- Working with the Amsys Plymouth team for a solid 2 months.
- Hearing stories back from blog readers whom have used the Munki blogs I’ve written to get a leg up in their own environments.
- Attending the Mac meet ups (organised by our own Charley and James.
- Attending the Mac Admin meet ups (organised by Ben and Graham.
- Completing my first 500+ Mac project…and my second…third etc!
- Also attending the CCE course and meeting the excellent Rob from JAMF Software, amongst others!
- Getting to know there is a larger, international Mac community full of helpful and friendly people (who know their Ales!)
- And too many more to list!
I’d like to take this opportunity to thank my direct boss (and if memory serves, the guy who actually interviewed me), David Acland and the MD of Amsys (who hosted my second interview) Alex Hawes, for all the opportunities and faith they’ve put in me, as well as all the incentives they have given me to progress myself professionally.
Ah, looking forward. I’m currently still working with our consultancy team, delivering projects across the country (and continent!) – but you already knew that! We’ve also got some other cool things in motion that I hope we can share with you very shortly. Watch this space!