OS X Server Essentials 10.10
Now updated for Yosemite
Why take the OS X Server Essentials 10.10 course:
+ Does your company suddenly have users using or wanting to use Macs and you’re thinking you need an OS X Server to handle them?
+ Do you already have an OS X Server but want to know how to get the best from it?
+ Would you like to boost your resume and add a Mac certification to your list?
If the answer to any of these is ‘yes’, then why not attend the OS X Server Essentials 10.10 course.
The main goal of this course is to introduce technicians how to install and configure OS X Server to provide network-based services, such as file sharing, DHCP, and collaboration services. You will also learn about the tools required for efficiently managing and deploying OS X and software updates.
The first day covers OS X Server Installation and Configuration, focusing on initial installation and setup, DNS configuration, SSL Certificates, user account creation and remote administration and monitoring.
The second day looks into Network Accounts, how to create and host a directory service, OS X and device management, File sharing and Deployment solutions.
The final day takes attendees through Networking services such as network backups through Time Machine, VPN, DHCP and Website hosting. There is also a collection of collaborative services such as mail, contacts and calendar discussed.
- Understand OS X Server installation. How to configure a clean system and perform upgrades.
- How to integrate an OS X Server into an existing DNS environment, or how to provide DNS with OS X Server.
- SSL Certificate overview, including how to create and configure certificates in OS X Server.
- Remote administration and monitoring techniques in relation to OS X Server. Best practices for backing up an OS X Server.
- Account creation and management, both local and network directory users and groups.
- How to use OS X Server to provide user and device management.
- File sharing services using OS X Server including permissions and authentication setup and configuration.
- Overview of Apple Deployment solutions for system imaging and software updates.
- How best to provide network services such as VPN, DHCP and Web.
- Features available in OS X Servers’ collaborative services such as Mail, Wiki, Calendar, Messages and Contacts.
- How to save time and money by efficiently supporting your OS X users on the network
Plus much more!
- Help desk specialists, technical coordinators, service technicians or IT professionals who need to effectively support users of OS X systems on a network or want to understand how to get the best from an OS X Server.
- Technical coordinators or power users who manage networks of computers running OS X, such as teachers and technology specialists who manage classroom networks or computer labs.
- Resellers, distributors, systems integrators, and consultants who are selling Mac computers.
- IT professionals seeking to obtain the Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC) 10.10 certification.
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending this course:
- The material assumes you have a basic understanding of OS X skills and terminology.
- An IT background with experience using OS X in a network environment.
- Basic computer troubleshooting knowledge is also advisable, or prior attendance of either/both of the following courses:
Demonstrate your knowledge of OS X Server v10.10, and take the OS X Server Essentials v10.10 exam. Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC) 10.10 certification is granted on successful completion of both the OS X Server Essentials v10.10 exam and the OS X Support Essentials v10.10 exam.
- Configuring and Monitoring OS X Server: Prepare and install OS X Server, upgrading an existing OS X Server, DNS overview, Configuring DNS service, Remote access, Server Tutorials, Troubleshooting OS X Server, SSL Certificate overview, creating and importing certificates in OS X Server, Trusting SSL Certificates, Monitoring OS X Server, Stats and Log files, Backing up OS X Server.
- Configuring Accounts: Local User account overview, creating and administering user accounts, Importing and exporting users and groups, Directory Service overview, configuring Open Directory, Troubleshooting a Directory Service, Authentication methods and security, Single Sign-On and Kerberos, Password Policies.
- Managing Devices with Configuration Profiles: Profile Manager overview, configuring user and group management, creating and providing an MDM Solution. Push Notifications.
- Sharing Files: File Sharing challenges, creating Share Points, File Sharing protocols, File Sharing access and permissions, configuring access control.
- Implementing Deployment Solutions: Network system deployment overview, creating and hosting system images, Caching Apple Software updates, Managing Apple Software updates.
- Providing Network Services: Configuring and hosting network backups using the Time Machine service. VPN overview, configuring the VPN Service, understanding DHCP, DHCP service configuration, Web site hosting, monitoring web services, securing web sites, hosting Mail, managing a Wiki service, Implementing a Calendar service, creating and allocating Resources and Locations, Providing Messages service, Managing Contacts service.
- Mac Management Basics 10.10 – for those that which to learn about deploying and managing multiple OS X systems.
If you would like to delve deeper into OS X, why not try one or more of our Advanced OS X Courses:
- Advanced Deployment 10.10 - which looks further into deployment and management.
- Active Directory Open Directory Integration 10.10 – which looks further into integrating OS X Yosemite clients and OS X Server with Active Directory and Open Directory.
- OS X Advanced Server 10.10 – providing an advanced and extensive insight into how OS X Server works, covering many hidden command line features.
OS X Server Essentials 10.10
Q: Why Amsys Training?
A: At Amsys Training we offer the full range of Apple Certified OS X Technical Training Courses and have partnered with the best in the business to give you access to courses and instructors to meet all your technical and application training requirements. Our locations in South and Central London and Manchester give you the choice to train where it is most convenient.
We also offer a “classroom in a box” where we can deliver on-site training to companies who would prefer this option.
At Amsys our specialist Trainers and Consultants have unequalled experience at delivering both bespoke and Certified Training courses, contributing real world experiences to all training courses.
Q: I see you’re an Apple Authorised Training Centre (AATC); What does this mean?
A: We are indeed an Apple Authorised Training Centre, and we have an excellent relationship with Apple. To become an Apple Authorised Training Centre both the training environment and trainers must meet Apple’s high standards. Our trainers are frequently tested by Apple to ensure we offer the best training experience possible. Where available we only offer official Apple training courses with official Apple course material.
Q: Is Amsys purely a training company?
A: As well as training, Amsys is an Apple Authorised Service Provider offering repairs on all of Apple’s desktop and portable machines. We also have a support and consultancy division for businesses and educational organisations and a specialised Apple technical recruitment division.
Booking a Course
Q: How do I book a course?
A: If you would like to book a course you can do this in a number of ways. We have an on-line booking page or phone 0208 645806 and speak to one of the training team.
Q: If I have a question or need more information who can I contact?
A: A member of the training team will gladly help you. You can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or if you would like to speak to someone then please call us on 020 8645 5806.
Q: Where do I find your course schedule?
A: Our full course schedule can be found on every training web page at the top of the page under the main site menu or you can click here. If you view a course description page, the description page also lists the next available dates. We try to maintain a course schedule for the next 3 months.
Q: Where can I find your Terms and Conditions?
A: Our Terms and Conditions can be found here
Courses & Exams
Q: What is the agenda for a typical training day?
A: A usual course will start at 9:30am and finish around 5pm. Courses begin promptly, so we encourage trainees to come in at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time to enjoy refreshments and get settled in. A 1 hour lunch break will be provided approximately halfway through the course, as well as two 15 minute breaks.
Q: How many trainees are in each course?
A: For the optimal training experience, courses are capped at 8 people for the more complex server courses and 10 for the client courses. Each trainee is provided their own system and materials.
Q: Are there any prerequisites for training courses?
A: Prerequisites vary depending on the course you are considering. All prerequisites are listed on the course detail page.
Q: When can I take the exam?
A: The certified exams are administered at the end of the final day of each course. The instructor offers a review session and tips to best prepare you for the exam. The time allotted for the exam is 2 hours.
Q: What happens if I’m not ready to take the exam on the final day of the course?
A: If you feel you’re not ready to take the exam, you are welcome to come back to Amsys at a later day to take the exam. You can contact a member of the Amsys training team to arrange this.
Q: What happens if I don’t pass the exam?
A: You are welcome to retake the exam, at a fee of £85. The retake must be taken at least 7 days after the previous take.
Q: What Apple certifications are available?
A: For IT professionals Apple offer 4 certifications, Apple Certified Associate (ACA), Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP), Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC) and Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT).
Further information on these certifications can be found on our certification guide here. If you are not sure which certification to take please contact a member of our training team.
Q: What is a valid form of payment?
A: We accept Visa, Mastercard, company purchase orders and personal checks. Payment must be made before the course has started
Q: What if I have a confirmed seat in the class and then have to cancel or postpone it?
A: It depends on the amount of notice you are able to provide and if we are able to fill the open slot. For a full explanation, please take a look at our terms and conditions.
Do you offer any kind of installment plan?
Yes, for those wishing to spread the payment, we can offer a 3 part plan. We’d request the initial third to be paid at the time of booking, or shortly after. A third to be made by the start date of your chosen course, and the remaining third to be received within 6 weeks of your course finishing. No interest would be applied to this.