Why Take the Advanced Objective-C Course:
If you have mastered the beginner’s introduction to Objective-C, take this course to bring your Objective-C development skills to the next level.
By learn the advanced concepts of Objective-C you will be able to develop efficient, smooth-running iOS applications, due to your advanced understanding of key topics such as concurrency and other advanced features in Objective-C. During the Advanced Objective-C course, you will learn a wide range of topics including, Grand Central Dispatch (GCD), blocks and key value coding.
Our smaller class size will help ensure that you get all your questions answered. All our development courses are taught by developers who have developed real world applications.
And remember, Amsys offer free technical support and help after the course. So when you get back to the office and still have a few questions, we are here to help
What the Advanced Objective-C course will teach you
This two-day intensive programming course has been created to teach you a higher level of understanding about the Objective-C language. There’s plenty of lab time to allow you to re-enforce what you have learnt.
A summary of the Advanced Objective-C course content:
- Overview: We first start with a recap on how Classes and Objects are implemented in Objective-C.
- Inheritance: We take a deeper look at inheritance and how you can use it to extend your classes.
- Composition: Composition is another way of extending your classes. You can more complex classes from multiple simpler ones.
- Categories: Learn how to use categories to extend the functionality of existing classes. Very useful if you want to extend a class that you do not have the source code for.
- Protocols: Protocols are used intensively by Apple throughout their APIs. A protocol specifies what methods a class must implement.
- Dynamic Typing: Learn how Objective-C uses dynamic typing to make decisions about classes and objects at run-time. Run-time programming is what makes Objective-C unique and very versatile.
- Key Value Coding: Learn how KVC allows you to access objects in a more flexible way than hard coded statements.
- Key Value Observing: Learn how KVO is used to monitor and respond to objects whose state has changed.
- Predicates: Learn how to use predicates to build dynamic statements which evaluate properties and collections.
- Blocks: Introduction to Blocks. Learn what blocks are and how to create them and utilise them. Blocks are becoming a key skill every developer will need.
- MultiThreading: Learn how to use Grand Central Dispatch to make your applications more efficient on multi core cpus.
- Errors: Learn how to capture errors and exceptions in your code.
This course will prepare you to take our popular, iOS App development – The Fundamentals course.
Who should take the Advanced Objective-C Course?
- Have some experience of ‘C’ and Objective-C.
- If you have attended our 2 day beginners course for Objective C, and wish to increase your skill level so you that can write efficient smooth running apps.