Now Updated for Xcode 5
Having mastered the beginner’s introduction to Objective C, take this course to bring your skills up to the next level.
If you are looking to develop efficient, smooth-running applications, understanding concurrency and other advanced features in Objective-C are essential. This course will cover a range of topics including, Grand Central Dispatch (GCD), blocks and key value coding.
Our smaller class size will help ensure that you get all your questions answered. All our development courses are taught by developers who have developed real world applications.
And remember, Amsys offer free technical support and help after the course. So when you get back to the office and still have a few questions, we are here to help
A summary of the course content:
- Overview: We first start with a recap on how Classes and Objects are implemented in Objective-C
- Inheritance: We take a deeper look at inheritance and how you can use it to extend your classes
- Composition: Composition is another way of extending your classes. You can more complex classes from multiple simpler ones
- Categories: Learn how to use categories to extend the functionality of existing classes. Very useful if you want to extend a class that you do not have the source code for
- Protocols: Protocols are used intensively by Apple through out their API’s. A protocol specifies what methods a class must implement.
- Dynamic Typing: Learn how Objective-C uses dynamic typing to make decisions about classes and objects at run-time. Run-time programming is what makes Objective-C unique and very versatile.
- Key Value Coding: Learn how KVC allows you to access objects in a more flexible way than hard coded statements
- Key Value Observing: Learn how KVO is used to monitor and respond to objects whose state has changed
- Predicates: Learn how to use predicates to build dynamic statements which evaluate properties and collections
- Blocks: Introduction to Blocks. Learn what blocks are and how to create them and utilise them. Blocks are becoming a key skill every developer will need
- MultiThreading: Learn how to use Grand Central Dispatch to make your applications more efficient on multi core cpu’s
- Errors: Learn how to capture errors and exceptions in your code
This course will prepare you to take our popular, five-day iOS App development Workshop.
- If you have attended our 2 day beginners course for Objective C, or have a basic understanding of C and Objective -C and wish to increase your skill level so you that can write efficient smooth running applications.
Q: Why Amsys Training?
A: At Amsys Training we offer the full range of Apple Certified OS X Technical Training Courses and have partnered with the best in the business to give you access to courses and instructors to meet all your technical and application training requirements. Our locations in South and Central London and Manchester give you the choice to train where it is most convenient.
We also offer a “classroom in a box” where we can deliver on-site training to companies who would prefer this option.
At Amsys our specialist Trainers and Consultants have unequalled experience at delivering both bespoke and Certified Training courses, contributing real world experiences to all training courses.
Q: I see you’re an Apple Authorised Training Centre (AATC); What does this mean?
A: We are indeed an Apple Authorised Training Centre, and we have an excellent relationship with Apple. To become an Apple Authorised Training Centre both the training environment and trainers must meet Apple’s high standards. Our trainers are frequently tested by Apple to ensure we offer the best training experience possible. Where available we only offer official Apple training courses with official Apple course material.
Q: Is Amsys purely a training company?
A: As well as training, Amsys is an Apple Authorised Service Provider offering repairs on all of Apple’s desktop and portable machines. We also have a support and consultancy division for businesses and educational organisations and a specialised Apple technical recruitment division.
Booking a Course
Q: How do I book a course?
A: If you would like to book a course you can do this in a number of ways. We have an on-line booking page or you can download a booking form here and fax it back to Amsys on 020 8763 9332.
Q: If I have a question or need more information who can I contact?
A: A member of the training team will gladly help you. You can email them at email@example.com or if you would like to speak to someone then please call us on 020 8645 5806.
Q: Where do I find your course schedule?
A: Our full course schedule can be found on every training web page at the top of the page under the main site menu or you can click here. If you view a course description page, the description page also lists the next available dates. We try to maintain a course schedule for the next 3 months.
Q: Where can I find your Terms and Conditions?
A: Our Terms and Conditions can be found at http://www.amsys.co.uk/training/tac.html
Courses & Exams
Q: What is the agenda for a typical training day?
A: A usual course will start at 9:30am and finish around 5pm. Courses begin promptly, so we encourage trainees to come in at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time to enjoy refreshments and get settled in. A 1 hour lunch break will be provided approximately halfway through the course, as well as two 15 minute breaks.
Q: How many trainees are in each course?
A: For the optimal training experience, courses are capped at 8 people for the more complex server courses and 10 for the client courses. Each trainee is provided their own system and materials.
Q: Are there any prerequisites for training courses?
A: Prerequisites vary depending on the course you are considering. All prerequisites are listed on the course detail page.
Q: When can I take the exam?
A: The certified exams are administered at the end of the final day of each course. The instructor offers a review session and tips to best prepare you for the exam. The time allotted for the exam is 2 hours.
Q: What happens if I’m not ready to take the exam on the final day of the course?
A: If you feel you’re not ready to take the exam, you are welcome to come back to Amsys at a later day to take the exam. You can contact a member of the Amsys training team to arrange this.
Q: What happens if I don’t pass the exam?
A: You are welcome to retake the exam, at a fee of £85. The retake must be taken at least 7 days after the previous take.
Q: What Apple certifications are available?
A: For IT professionals Apple offer 4 certifications, Apple Certified Associate (ACA), Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP), Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC) and Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT).
Further information on these certifications can be found on our certification guide here. If you are not sure which certification to take please contact a member of our training team.
Q: What is a valid form of payment?
A: We accept Visa, Mastercard, company purchase orders and personal checks. Payment must be made before the course has started
Q: What if I have a confirmed seat in the class and then have to cancel or postpone it?
A: It depends on the amount of notice you are able to provide and if we are able to fill the open slot. For a full explanation, please take a look at our terms and conditions.