Why Take the iOS App Development – The Fundamentals Course:
If you want to learn how to develop iOS apps, this is the course to take! During this five day intensive course, our expert iOS app development trainer will teach you the essential elements and features of the iOS Software Development Kit (SDK), the software used to develop iOS apps.
During the 5 days, you will discover all the tools, concepts and libraries available to you when developing your iOS app. We will also show you the best ways to get things done, with plenty of hands on exercises to reinforce what you have learnt during each lesson.
This course will give you the knowledge and hands on practical experience to enable you to build your own iOS App.
What the iOS App Development – The Fundamentals course will teach you
You will learn how to use Xcode, Interface Builder, and the UIKit framework to develop iOS applications that take full advantage of many of the powerful and sophisticated features of this amazing platform.
- Get up to speed fast on Xcode and Interface Builder.
- Learn most of the common frameworks used in iOS development
- Build a variety of apps including a simple news reader, multi view apps as well as utilising all the common controls such as buttons, switches, sliders, tables, maps, etc.
- Learn how to design, code, build, and debug iPhone and iPad apps.
- Learn how take advantage of iPad specific features such as split views and popup menus.
Who should take iOS App Development – The Fundamentals Course (Objective-C)
- Have some experience of ‘C’ and Objective-C
- If you want to learn how to develop iOS apps and become experienced at using the iOS SDK.
- Craft native iPhone applications
- Anatomy of an Application: Understand what makes up an iOS application, including how it runs, resources it has access to and the sandboxed environment it runs under.
- Model View Controller: Understand the principal design architecture of an iOS application, the model, view, controller.
- Basic Interaction: Learn how to build a very simple application that interacts with buttons and text fields.
- UIControls: Understand how to use other control methods such as sliders, text fields, segments, switches, actions sheets and alerts.
- Scrolling: Learn how to create scrollable areas within your application, including the ability to scroll images, zoom images and page between a series of images.
- Views: Understand how views work and behave. Learn how to swap views to create dynamic applications.
- iOS 7 and iOS 8: Learn how to design apps that will run on both iOS 7 and iOS 8.
- Navigation Controllers: Learn how to create multi-level apps that lets you navigate through your data through a series of more detailed views.
- Pickers: Pickers are views that presents the user with a set of rotating wheels to allow them to select a value from a list.
- Tables: Learn how to create and populate tables to represent data sets. Learn how to customise the view of the tables and cells.
- Tab Bars: Learn how to create Tab Bars for utility style applications.
- Persistence: Learn how to save data to xml files on the local file system. Useful to save user date or preference for the app itself.
- RSS and json: Learn how to access an RSS and json feed from a web server.
- Auto Layout: Learn how to use auto layout to make you app work with different size screens or handle rotation.
- Adaptive Layout: Learn how to use size classes to build user interfaces that adapter to any screen size.
- Split View Controllers: Learn how to utilise split view controllers introduced with the iPad.
- UIWeb Views: Learn how to display live dynamic web pages directly in your application.
- Storyboards: Learn how to use the latest feature of iOS 7 to prototype you applications views and navigation.
- Collection Views: Learn how to utilise collections views to create grid like applications.
- Local Notifications: Learn how to schedule and respond to local notifications.
- MapKit: Learn how to display maps, navigate to certain locations and drop pins as markers.
- Gestures: Learn how add gestures to your apps to make them more dynamic.
- Physics Engine: Learn how add custom physic effects to your app to make a more dynamic interface.