Why Take The iOS Deployment in the Enterprise Course
As iOS devices continue to dominate business and enterprise mobility and far outnumber Macs in most enterprise organisations, it is critical that your teams can handle the deployment of iOS devices as expertly and securely as possible.
We have created the “iOS Deployment in the Enterprise” course to address this issue, and teaches IT professionals the key concepts and skills required to successfully execute an iOS deployment.
Whilst this course is called “iOS Deployment in the Enterprise,” IT professionals working within other sectors, including Education have benefited from the topics taught on this course.
What You’ll Learn
- Learn how iPhone/iPad fits into the education and corporate space. How to integrate with MS Exchange services such as active sync, remote wipe, Microsoft Direct Push services, MicrosoftAutodiscovery.
- Learn about at other network services like VPN services.
- How to use Apple Configurator and Profile Manager and 3rd party MDM solutions.
- How to create and deploying configuration profiles.
- Learn how to easily activate a batch of iOS devices.
Who should attend iOS Deployment in the Enterprise
- If you’re responsible for the maintenance and deployment of iOS devices.
- If you would like an overview of solutions available to deploy and secure iOS devices.
- All Apple IT Professionals.
- Deploying iPhone, iPod and iPad:
Learn how to easily activate a batch of iOS devices, prepare access to network services and enterprise data, determine policies and an overview of over the air enrollment.
- Creating and Deploying Configuration Profiles
Learn about Apple’s iPhone Configuration Utility. With this tool, you will create and edit configuration profiles, install configuration profiles as well as update and remove configuration profiles.
Learn how to deploy iTunes including access to settings which help with the rapid deployment of iPhones and iPads including, Quick activation mode and implementing iTunes restrictions.
- Device Security:
Learn about iOS device security layer. This layer of security includes integrated features, methods and functions that prevent unauthorized use of an iOS device. The course will cover all managed settings including Passcode settings, restriction settings, Wi-Fi settings, VPN settings, Email settings, Exchange settings, LDAP servings, Calendar settings, SCEP settings, and advanced settings.
- Data Security
Learn how iOS devices secure data on the device itself. This layer consists of several integrated features, methods and functions that prevent unauthorised access to this data.
- Network Security
Learn how iOS devices secure the network over which an iOS device transmits and receives data. This layer consists of several integrated features, methods and functions that prevent unauthorised access to data sent to and from the device.
- App Security
The next layer of security on iOS secures application data and network credentials. This layer consists of several integrated features, methods and functions that are designed to prevent unauthorised access to data stored on the device. Runtime protection technologies that protect applications and system files.
- Apple Configurator:
Learn how to implement Apple Configurator. Understand Prepare, Supervise and Assign modes.
- Over the air enrollment:
Learn how the the iPhone supports over the air enrollment and configuration. Understand what technologies and required for this service.
- Deploying Applications:
Understand how to deploy applications to your end users including native and web applications.
- Third Party Products:
We will discuss and compare third party solutions for deployment on iPhones and iPads including AirWatch.
- Supporting iOS
Learn how to effectively support and troubleshoot iOS.
Interested in learning more after this course?
- Mac Management Basics 10.10 – for those that which to learn about deploying and managing multiple OS X systems.
- iOS 8 Support and Troubleshooting course – designed to demonstrate and discuss in depth how to configure and support Apple’s iOS devices.