iOS Deployment in the Enterprise
Why Take The iOS Deployment in the Enterprise Course:
Do you have users with iPhones and iPads in your business but don’t know how to efficiently deploy, secure and manage them?
Are you getting requests for iOS devices to be used at work but haven’t the technical knowledge to configure and look after them?
Have you a need to understand how to mass deploy and manage iOS devices effectively?
Are you a Mac fanatic that wants to know what makes iOS devices tick?
If the answer to any of these is ‘yes’, then why not attend the iOS Deployment in the Enterprise course.
The iOS Deployment in the Enterprise training course is a 2 day leader led course designed to cover all the skills required to deploy, secure and manage iPhones/iPads in business and educational organisations.
The course will be run by one of our Apple Master IT trainers whose years of experience will ensure that you have the confidence to use, configure and support your own iOS Devices or those of your clients.
The course is taught via a mixture of theory and hands-on labs and includes both Apple and third party tools. You will learn how to secure, configure and manage the devices manually as well as creating profiles to automatically configure services to best match the requirements of iOS.
- Key features of the iOS Devices including the new and updated features included in iOS 8.
- How iPhone/iPad fits into the education and corporate space.
- How to create a comprehensive Deployment strategy.
- What are MDM, VPP and DEP services and how to choose the right solution for your business.
- In-house app distribution explained.
- How to get the best out of an iOS device and increase productivity.
- iOS integration with Microsoft Exchange services such as active sync, remote wipe, Microsoft Direct Push services, Microsoft Autodiscovery.
- Networking capabilities available on iOS devices, Wi-Fi configuration and troubleshooting, Email accounts, File sharing and cloud-based storage access. VPN, and MDM integration.
- Security best practices with relation to iOS, Apps and hardware security.
- Troubleshooting tips and solutions for iOS devices.
- How to save time and money by efficiently supporting iOS devices.
Plus much more!
- Help desk specialists, technical coordinators, service technicians or IT professionals who would like an overview of solutions available to deploy, secure and manage iOS devices.
- Technical coordinators or power users who manage networks where iOS Devices are required to be used.
- Technicians and end users considering implementing iOS devices into their business or home requiring streamlined deployment and management capabilities.
- Resellers, distributors, systems integrators, and consultants who are selling or integrating iOS Devices or responsible for the maintenance, deployment and security of iOS devices.
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending this course:
- Existing familiarity with iOS devices.
- An IT background with basic OS X knowledge is advisable, or prior attendance of the following course:
- Getting Started with OS X.
- iOS Overview: iOS Device introduction, iOS 8 Key features including Touchscreen Gestures, Control Center, Screen Orientation, Spotlight Searching, Notification Centre, Multitasking, Accessibility, Siri and Location Services. Connecting earphones and wireless keyboards. Printing from an iOS device via AirPrint or third party apps and applications. Wirelessly stream content with AirPlay and wirelessly share content with AirDrop. Continuity and Handoff features.
- iOS Deployment Planning: How to create a comprehensive Deployment plan, including Logistics, Infrastructure, Security, Integration, Deployment, Training and Support.
- iOS Security: Learn about iOS device security layer which includes integrated features, methods and functions that prevent unauthorized use of an iOS device, Data Security consisting of several integrated features, methods and functions that prevent unauthorised access to data, Network Security to secure the network over which an iOS device transmits and receives data, App Security such as Runtime protection technologies that protect applications and system files. Passcode and Touch ID overview. iOS Restrictions overview and setup. Data Security and encryption. Local and Remote wipe options.
- iOS Integration: Wi-Fi and internet connection overview. Setting up your email accounts, email management, email deletion and backup. Contacts and Calendar services. File Services, WebDAV shares and connecting to Cloud Services. VPN Services. Microsoft Exchange and ActiveSync Support.
- iOS Deployment: Deployment scenarios, Learn how to easily activate a batch of iOS devices, prepare access to network services and enterprise data, determine policies and an overview of over the air enrollment. VPP (Volume Purchase Program) overview for complete ownership and control of content through mobile device management (MDM) solutions. DEP (Device Enrolment Program) to get all your company owned devices automatically enrolled in an MDM solution during activation.
- iCloud: Apple ID setup and usage, iCloud services, setup and usage. Using iCloud between devices. iCloud Keychain. Find my iPhone including Activation Lock feature, security features.
- Apple Configurator: Learn how to implement Apple Configurator as a configuration and management tool. Understand Prepare, Supervise and Assign modes.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM): Overview of principles. Details of Apple’s Profile Manager Service. Over the air enrollment and configuration. Discussion and comparison of third party solutions for deployment of iPhones and iPads including Meraki and AirWatch.
- Enterprise App Distribution: Understand how to deploy applications to your end users including native and web applications.
- iOS Troubleshooting: Overview of useful iOS tips and tricks. Various Hardware and Software Restart and Reset options. Device Diagnostic and Restore Boot Modes.
iOS Deployment in the Enterprise
Q: Why Amsys Training?
A: At Amsys Training we offer the full range of Apple Certified OS X Technical Training Courses and have partnered with the best in the business to give you access to courses and instructors to meet all your technical and application training requirements. Our locations in South and Central London and Manchester give you the choice to train where it is most convenient.
We also offer a “classroom in a box” where we can deliver on-site training to companies who would prefer this option.
At Amsys our specialist Trainers and Consultants have unequalled experience at delivering both bespoke and Certified Training courses, contributing real world experiences to all training courses.
Q: I see you’re an Apple Authorised Training Centre (AATC); What does this mean?
A: We are indeed an Apple Authorised Training Centre, and we have an excellent relationship with Apple. To become an Apple Authorised Training Centre both the training environment and trainers must meet Apple’s high standards. Our trainers are frequently tested by Apple to ensure we offer the best training experience possible. Where available we only offer official Apple training courses with official Apple course material.
Q: Is Amsys purely a training company?
A: As well as training, Amsys is an Apple Authorised Service Provider offering repairs on all of Apple’s desktop and portable machines. We also have a support and consultancy division for businesses and educational organisations and a specialised Apple technical recruitment division.
Booking a Course
Q: How do I book a course?
A: If you would like to book a course you can do this in a number of ways. We have an on-line booking page or phone 0208 645806 and speak to one of the training team.
Q: If I have a question or need more information who can I contact?
A: A member of the training team will gladly help you. You can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or if you would like to speak to someone then please call us on 020 8645 5806.
Q: Where do I find your course schedule?
A: Our full course schedule can be found on every training web page at the top of the page under the main site menu or you can click here. If you view a course description page, the description page also lists the next available dates. We try to maintain a course schedule for the next 3 months.
Q: Where can I find your Terms and Conditions?
A: Our Terms and Conditions can be found here
Courses & Exams
Q: What is the agenda for a typical training day?
A: A usual course will start at 9:30am and finish around 5pm. Courses begin promptly, so we encourage trainees to come in at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time to enjoy refreshments and get settled in. A 1 hour lunch break will be provided approximately halfway through the course, as well as two 15 minute breaks.
Q: How many trainees are in each course?
A: For the optimal training experience, courses are capped at 8 people for the more complex server courses and 10 for the client courses. Each trainee is provided their own system and materials.
Q: Are there any prerequisites for training courses?
A: Prerequisites vary depending on the course you are considering. All prerequisites are listed on the course detail page.
Q: When can I take the exam?
A: The certified exams are administered at the end of the final day of each course. The instructor offers a review session and tips to best prepare you for the exam. The time allotted for the exam is 2 hours.
Q: What happens if I’m not ready to take the exam on the final day of the course?
A: If you feel you’re not ready to take the exam, you are welcome to come back to Amsys at a later day to take the exam. You can contact a member of the Amsys training team to arrange this.
Q: What happens if I don’t pass the exam?
A: You are welcome to retake the exam, at a fee of £85. The retake must be taken at least 7 days after the previous take.
Q: What Apple certifications are available?
A: For IT professionals Apple offer 4 certifications, Apple Certified Associate (ACA), Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP), Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC) and Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT).
Further information on these certifications can be found on our certification guide here. If you are not sure which certification to take please contact a member of our training team.
Q: What is a valid form of payment?
A: We accept Visa, Mastercard, company purchase orders and personal checks. Payment must be made before the course has started
Q: What if I have a confirmed seat in the class and then have to cancel or postpone it?
A: It depends on the amount of notice you are able to provide and if we are able to fill the open slot. For a full explanation, please take a look at our terms and conditions.
Do you offer any kind of installment plan?
Yes, for those wishing to spread the payment, we can offer a 3 part plan. We’d request the initial third to be paid at the time of booking, or shortly after. A third to be made by the start date of your chosen course, and the remaining third to be received within 6 weeks of your course finishing. No interest would be applied to this.