- Day one covers macOS installation and configuration and covers initial installation and setup, managing software updates, creating and managing user accounts and file system security
- Day two looks in more detail at usage management: permissions, system resources, compression and backup solutions and application and document management
- Day three introduces delegates to networking Apple computers including basic networking theory, configuration and troubleshooting and the course wraps up with a collection of system troubleshooting chapters
Please note that although this is an introductory course, a certain amount of prior knowledge will greatly enhance the effectiveness of the course. For example:
- The material assumes you have a basic understanding of macOS skills and terminology
- It’s advisable to have either an IT background or some basic computer troubleshooting knowledge
- Prior attendance of either or both of Getting Started with macOS or Mac Integration Basics 10.12 is ideal
If you’re in any doubt about your suitability for this course, please call our training pros on 020 8645 5806 who will be pleased to discuss your training needs in more detail.
Who should take macOS Support Essentials?
- Help desk specialists, technical coordinators, service technicians or IT professionals who need to support users of OS X systems
- Technical support personnel in businesses that use Macs for general productivity or creative design
- Technical coordinators or power users who manage networks of computers running OS X, such as teachers and technology specialists who manage classroom networks or computer labs
- Resellers, distributors, systems integrators, and consultants who are selling Mac computers