The main goal of this course is to introduce you to the techniques for using an macOS computer where services like Windows file sharing, Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory are being used. The day involves teaching attendees how to configure a Mac to use a network account such as Active Directory, connecting macOS to file services, accessing Exchange and Google internet accounts using macOS native apps, security features of macOS, how printing works on a Mac, how to use instant messaging services, Data Management and Backup techniques and Cross-Platform Compatibility in macOS.
Why attend Mac Integration Basics?
- You have users or wanting to use Macs at work, but you’re a Windows company
- You’re considering buying Macs for your company, school, college or university
- Your network’s running one or more of; Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory or Windows file sharing services, but you want to be able to use Macs
- Boost your CV and add a Mac certification to your list
- Formally recognise your skill and ability by gaining a formal Apple Certification
To qualify as an Apple Certified Associate and certify your ability to integrate a Mac device into a Windows environment, add the exam.
This is a beginners course, but the material still assumes you know:
- How to use a Mac and have a basic understanding of Mac macOS skills and terminology; OR
- How to use a Windows computer in a network environment; OR
- You have attended our Getting Started with macOS course
If you’re in any doubt about your suitability for this course, please call our training pros on 020 8645 5806 who will be pleased to discuss your training needs in more detail.
Who should take Mac Integration Basics?
- Help desk specialists, technical coordinators, service technicians or IT professionals
- Technical co-ordinators or power users who manage networks
- Teachers and technology specialists who manage classroom networks or computer labs
- Resellers, distributors, systems integrators, and consultants
- Anyone who wants to obtain the Apple Certified Associate – Mac Integration 10.12 certification