Each day of the course is packed with in-depth lessons interspersed with hands-on labs providing you with a valuable learning experience. Your master trainer is on-hand throughout the course to answer any questions and discuss how you can best apply your newly gained knowledge and skills to your own working environment. This course offers a lot of advanced technical concepts and dives deep into the command line, boosting both your theoretical and practical knowledge.
What the Advanced Deployment 10.12 course will teach you
- How to plan and develop a comprehensive, stable Mac Deployment strategy including customising deployed systems and implementation of all methods of deployment, from deploying single files to multiple macOS Systems.
- Create a comprehensive Deployment Planning Checklist and Service-Level Agreement (SLA)
- How to create, deploy and enforce Usage Policies on Apple devices.
- Understand how the macOS Sierra file system functions and how it handles file, folder and package installation.
- Learn new deployment features and techniques available with macOS Sierra.
- Archiving and compressing techniques, Zip compression, macOS Disk Image (.dmg) features, creation and deployment.
- Understand installer Packages. Creating, customising, securing and deploying installer packages using GUI and Command Line tools.
- How the Mac App Store works. Ownership of Apps, downloading Apps and utilising the Apple Volume Purchase Program (VPP).
- Managed Distribution of Apps, Updates and leveraging an MDM (Mobile Device Management) solution to streamline the deployment of new devices.
- How to use a range of Apple tools, including NetBoot & NetInstall Service, Remote Desktop, Software Update Server, Caching Service, Profile Manager, and much more.
- Understand the built-in security features of macOS (such as GateKeeper and FileVault) and how to work with these during Deployment.
- DeployStudio Deployment package, which offers some great features to optimise Mac Deployment.
- Use Munki open-source deployment tool, Munki to deploy packages and settings.
- Techniques to automate post deployment settings and configuration including macOS Scripting techniques
- macOS Command Line configuration and file system manipulation.
- How to make use of Apple’s Device Enrollment Program (DEP) solution.
- Plus much more!
- An understanding of macOS.
- Basic troubleshooting experience or macOS Support Essentials certification.
- Basic macOS Server experience or macOS Server Essentials certification.
- Experience with macOS in a network environment.
- Experience using the command-line interface with macOS.
If you’re in any doubt about your suitability for this course, please call our training pros on 020 8645 5806 who will be pleased to discuss your training needs in more detail.
Who should take Advanced Deployment?
- OS X system administrators
- Anyone wanting to learn how to streamline installing and configuring a large number of computers running OS X
- Existing Mac support techs wanting to upgrade knowledge and skills