iOS developers: Contracting VS permanent roles
Whilst resourcing the large pool of iOS developers in the UK, I have noticed a trend.
It’s still a contractors market.
Permanent is a bad, bad, word for developers – from ‘I only want to work Tuesday to Thursday’ to ‘I don’t work during the day!” However, with the explosion of enterprise apps, more and more companies are now looking to recruit in-house teams on a permanent basis with competitive salaries, which provides the kind of security that contracting simply doesn’t.
Pros & Cons of Being a Contractor
|You’re your own boss||You’re your own boss|
|£500+ a day!||Where’s my next project?|
|Make your own hours||18hrs coding still @ day rate|
|Working from home||MacBook’s died! ££££££|
There is always going to be a market for contract iOS developers, but many of you are missing the optimum chance to use your skills and capabilities to create some great apps whilst having a secure career.
Personal development and training.
So – should you spend money from your own pocket? Or receive it for free once Amsys Careers finds you that perfect, secure and rewarding new role? Sound interesting find out more here.
Do you know a friend or past colleague looking for their next step?
If you’re happy as a contractor or in your current role, then ask about our fantastic referral scheme! By passing your friend’s details onto Amsys, and when they start their new role, you will be rewarded too.
Which brings me back to my main point; please forgive my ramblings.
My client! They are looking to build a new iOS Development Team. The team, which will take their successful business forward by creating in-house apps across the business, will each receive an enviable salary of £60,000 to £70,000 + benefits; this really is an opportunity not to be missed.
So if you fit the following bill, then apply online today, or call 028 645 5807.
- Minimum 5 years overall development experience including 1-2 years coding for iOS devices in Objective-C/Cocoa/Xcode (including SQLite for local storage).
- Experience of SQL Server (Any Version).
- Solid knowledge of Git.
- Experience using web services (e.g. REST, JSON, XML).
- Experience of working with local storage for offline functionality.
- Any experience working with iBeacons will be advantageous.
- A link to a working iOS application that you have created or worked on.
- Must have commercial software product development experience and not purely building internal or personal software projects.
- Familiarity with core iOS frameworks.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
View these roles now:
If you’re interested in hearing more – contact me on 0208 645 5807 or email me at email@example.com.