Amsys Macintosh System Admin Conference
By Richard Mallion
We are delighted to announce this years Amsys Macintosh System Administrators Conference.
The event aims to bring together technical support professionals from Apple and cross platform environments to share news and views and discuss everyone’s favourite technology! The Macintosh System Administrators Conference will be held over a full day and will incorporate a mixture of seminars and discussions. We will have machines ready for demos as well as having access to Amsys technical staff for face to face discussions.
This years event will focus on Mac OS X 10.8, Mountain Lion. Mountain Lion brings over 200 new features as well as some challenges for IT staff. During the day we cover whats new, whats changed, what effects it will have on the end users as well as your support staff.
To register a place click here
Friday August 31st, starting at 10:00.
The conference venue will be held at the Grand Connaught Rooms, Central London.
Mac OS X 10.8, Mountain Lion Client
- Whats new in Mac OS X 10.8 Client
- Deployment Strategies for Mountain Lion
- Indepth look at new security features including:
- GateKeeper: We will look at how GateKeeper functions, how it will effect deployment and scripting as well as how to customise it
- Sandboxing: An in-depth look at how sandboxing works and how it may effect your organisation
- FileVault Management: Apple has added some nice tools to manage the deployment of FileVault in your organisation
Mac OS X 10.8, Mountain Lion Server
- Whats new in Mac OS X 10.8 Server: We will look at what’s new, what’s changed, and what is missing from our favourite server
- Profiles: Profiles are becoming more and more important in managing your Macintosh suite.
- We will discuss and compare the differences between Managed Client Preferences (MCX) and profiles.
- Profile Manager: We look at how profiles work, how they are deployed and some of the tools you can use to manage them
We are making 50 places available so if you are interested, reserve your spot now!
Price per delegate £95 + VAT
We look forward to seeing you there!